Thank you for agreeing to speak at the Get In The Car Group of A.A.
Below is information we provide for speakers that speak at our group. If you have any questions about any of the items below, we encourage you to reach out to the GITC member who booked you and they will be happy to help you.
Important Note To All Speakers: Please ensure you read this page and are comfortable with everything listed. This page outlines the Tradition 2 conscience of our group and we want to ensure that all speakers are aware of what our group has asked all speakers honor while speaking at our group. Thank you.
- Please share your experience, strength, and hope on how taking the 12 Steps of A.A. have given you a “personality change sufficient to recover from alcoholism” (spiritual experience).
- Our group supports A.A.’s “Singleness of Purpose” (please do not share on any experience you may have with anything other than alcohol).
- No profanity.
- Our group is big on the idea that “When We Got Busy, We Got Better” Sharing your experience on service that you have done is always welcome.
- Suggested Attire: Men – Coat & Tie / Women – Dress or Pant Suit
- Time: Please arrive at the church (or log into the ZOOM meeting) no later than 7:15pm CST so the meeting chair can spend a few moments getting to know you so they can introduce you.
- Directions: Here’s a Google maps link to the church: CLICK HERE (Center of Unity Church, 1650 Hughes Road, Grapevine, TX 76051 – image below). Upon arriving at the church, drive around back and enter through the tinted glass doors under the covered patio.
- Recording: Please let the meeting chair know if it is ok to record your share. We like to archive speaker recordings for our members in the Member’s Only (password protected) section of our website.
- Attendance: It is your choice whether you wish to speak at our group in person, or on ZOOM, either is fine with us. (ZOOM Info: Meeting ID: 946 361 8622 / Password: 751764)
- Flyer: If you would like to download a flyer to share with your network, scroll down, click on your flyer. It will enlarge and you can download it from there.
Thank you for your service and we look forward to welcoming you to GITC!